We collect non-public personal information about from a variety of sources such as:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliates
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
- Information received when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This information may be obtained from current or past employers, current or past financial institutions where you conduct financial transactions, and other sources listed on applications and other forms
Northern Communities Credit Union may disclose all the information we collect to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
We may also disclose non-public personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, and follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records. We are permitted by law to disclose non-public personal information with our affiliates. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
If you terminate your membership with Northern Communities Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as required or permitted by law.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information for a specific business purpose such as to provide products or services to you. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your non-public personal information.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
Northern Communities Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINS (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit, ATM, or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should be aware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
If you have any questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call 218-279-3200.
When traveling to places linked to our website remember to read the Privacy Statement and/or User Agreement on any website you visit and check out sites that target young children before letting them visit. While we hope these organizations join us in respecting your privacy, Northern Communities Credit Union has no control over and is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these web sites. Northern Communities Credit Union does not endorse or guarantee products, information or recommendations provided by linked sites and is not liable for failure of products or services advertised on these sites.